Wednesday, April 27, 2011

JTWF Special Kid: Austin


Austin was born with an extremely severe and rare form of Hirschsprung's Disease, resulting in Short Gut Syndrome. He has ~30 cm. of functioning small intestine (only approximately 10% of his entire intestine remains). He is TPN dependent 13 hours a day and has an ostomy and g-tube. He has very high ostomy outputs, so he also gets an additional 1,000 ml of rehyrdation fluids in the middle of the day, so he's "hooked up" 17 hours a day. He is listed in Pittsburgh for a small bowel transplant. His Short Gut Syndrome has been managed by Pittsburgh Children's. Despite all the medical challenges, we try to keep his life normal. He eats some by mouth, goes to preschool, loves lawn mowers and tractors and is a huge joy in our lives. See http://grey.colorado.edu/shortgut/index.php/Main_Page for more information about Short Gut Syndrome.


~~As taken from his CarePage

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was active in sports and frequent cycles around. Few years ago, I started to have knee pain and my doctor advised me to go for knee cap replacement. but I didn't search online for herbal cure, then I came to know about Dr Itua herbal center online and started to take his herbal medicines daily. To my surprise , my pain was relieved within weeks and the doctor told me I didn't have to go for the surgery.I'm glad to let everyone here on health conditions should contact Dr Itua herbal center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com for any types of herbal medicines such as Herpes Cure,Hiv Cure,Parkinson Cure,Diabetes Cure,Lupus Cure, HPV Cure, MS Cure,ALS Cure,Cancer Cure, Pregnancy Herbal Medicines.Dr Itua has all such herbal cure for all diseases and it's all permanent cure.